The good news is that I got a bunch of cards from CardsOne. So, tonight, I am opening a pack from the shipment and any free agents will go into this week's draft.
1993 Ted Williams Premier Edition. 12 cards per pack plus special insert.
Cowan Hyde - Negro Leagues - Free Agent
Pepper Davis - AAGPBL - Free Agent
George Foster - Reds - 2x3 Heroes (Wahoo!!)
Tony Oliva - Twins - Wicked4Life (Wahoo!!)
Jimmie Foxx Double X - A's - 2x3 Heroes (Wahoo!!)
Matty Alou - Pirates - Free Agent
Ty Cobb Georgia Peach - Tigers - BP_Weber (Wahoo!!)
Eddie Lopat - Yankees - Free Agent
Steve Garvey - Dodgers - gcrl (Wahoo!!)
Enos Slaughter - Cardinals - Free Agent
Armando Vazquez - Negro Leagues - Free Agent
Alice Hohlmeyer - AAGPBL - Free Agent
Louisville Black Caps/Philadelphia Stars Pogs Card
I love this set. It is one of my favorite non-mainstream sets ever made. Congrats to 2x3 Heroes for snagging 2 cards from this pack and to the others who managed to score here as well! We added a ton of free agents to the deck, too. Man, this week's draft is going to be a doozie.
This week's draft will probably be one of the most fought-over we'll have all season. Let's see why:
- Mickey Rivers Autograph - 2006 Topps - 'nuff said!
- Armando Vazquez/Cowan Hyde - Ted Williams Negro League
- Pepper Davis/Alice Hohlmeyer - Ted Williams AAGPBL
- Edgar Renteria 2010 UD Biography
- Kevin Kouzmanoff - 2010 UD
- Gil Hodges Turn Back the Clock
- Champ Summers - 1983 Topps (30 year-old card!)
- Scott McGregor - 1984 Donruss
- Jessie Hollins/Chuck McElroy - Team Cubs Stadium Club
- Charlie Puleo - 1984 Donruss
- Elias Sosa - 1981 Fleer!
- Frank Bertaina - 1981 TCMA!
- Rich Garces - 1989 Star Cards
- Mike Madden - 1986 Topps
That's just a quick cursory glance! There are nearly 70 free agents to pick from this week! Wow!! I should do some kind of side-bet prize for the person who guesses how many managers try for the Mickey Rivers Auto card. I just don't have a prize to offer. Well, if you leave a comment (ANYONE can guess, but I will only accept the first entry from each person as official) with your guess as to how many managers try to claim the card, and if you are the closest without going over, you'll win a prize to be determined later! You must respond to THIS POST only though, and it ends on Monday when the draft ends. Why not?