THANK YOU, Raz!! That is very cool!! These will be added to the box of packs. We'll see these throughout the season for sure.
I remembered that my initial plan was to randomize the draft order and then use that as the basis for future drafts instead of randomizing each week. Of course, the problem we run into is that we have WAY more managers than there are weeks of baseball! So, I still to devise a draft order method that spreads things around more evenly.
- The 2014 Red Sox Puzzle counts as one player. It has been entered as "RedSox Puzzle2014" in the game as a random player. I can change the position to whatever you like, if you end up with the cards.
- Mascots were generated as fully random players. If you end up with a mascot, I can change the position to whatever you like.
- Polo Grounds was created as a random player. I can assign whatever position you want, if you end up with this card. Subsequent ballparks will be handled the same way.
- Buck Showalter (and any future manager cards) was randomly generated.
- I did NOT email managers to remind them the cut off time/date. In the future, I will be sure to include the cut-off time and date in the draft notice email. Generally, however, the draft starts on Friday and ends the following Monday. If this is not enough time or doesn't meet your work/class schedule, please let me know and I will see what we can do.
OOTP League Notes:
- ootp15 is out now. I am trying to decide if I should try to import our game into that or not. I had a heck of a time getting ours set up, and I don't want to mess around with something that is currently not broken.
- I am working on another "open" draft. This will allow managers to grab more players without waiting for the cards to be pulled.
- TRADES: If you would like to trade for players, use the "Current Manager/Player" list to find out who has the player(s) you want. You can then let me know who you want and I will let the other manager know you want to trade (unless you prefer to handle this between you and the other manager directly). Once a trade is presented and agreed upon, I will make the necessary changes in ootp and swap player cards accordingly.
- I will post game info on Tuesday, April 22! My team can't get out of the basement. UGH!
Here are the Draft results:
Entries before randomization:
Final Draft Results:
The current Manager/Player list is here:
Whew! Okay, let's finish out this evening with a pack busting! Let's go back to 1991.
1991 Topps Traded.
Darryl Kile - Astros - Maddings (Wahoo!!)
Hubie Brooks - Mets - Free Agent
Chris Wimmer - Team USA - Free Agent
George A Bell - Cubs - Kazis (Wahoo!!)
Rob Deer - Tigers - Free Agent
Johnny Oates - Orioles - Free Agent
Glenn Davis - Orioles - Free Agent
Well, we didn't score many hits there, did we? But, Maddings did score a Kile rookie card! Hard to believe just 11 years later, he would die from a heart attack. DK57