This week, we're holding not one but TWO free agent drafts! Why two? Because I think it will be fun. We'll do our regular draft based on the cards pulled this week. Managers will select from the drop-downs just as we have done since I finally worked all that out back near the start of things.
The other draft will be a write-in. Since this is All-Star Week and we're at the halfway point (roughly) in the season, why not? The write-in will work like this:
- There will be 10 (ten) open slots where you can type in player names.
- Please try to only write in players not already selected.
- I will review the write-ins compared to selected players and this week's draft just to be safe.
- The draft will take place in the same "Collapsing snake" format to give everyone a fair shot.
- As in other drafts, managers snagging players will get all the cards of that player in future breaks for this season.
- Non-player names/cards will be removed from the list. Players already owned will be removed from this draft.
- This draft is open to existing managers. No new managers are being accepted in the break. Sorry.
- If I think of anything else, I will add it to the rules/guidelines as I need to.
So, let's have some fun! Which players have not been uncovered yet but you'd like to secure their cards if/when they do come out of a pack? Which players had you forgotten about during previous write-in drafts? Let's see how this goes! Haha!
Noteables in this week's player draft:
- Carl Hubbard 1984 Donruss Champions
- Tug McGraw 1984 Donruss Champions
- Brian Matusz 2012 Panini Triple Play
- Oliver Perez 2005 UD Flyball
- Bret Boone 2005 UD Flyball
- Felix Fermin 1995 Topps Spectra Light
- Chuck Knoblauch 1995 Topps
There are just over 40 players in the choose-a-player draft this week.
Here are the links to the TWO drafts:
All-Star Break Write-ins: