Hey there, everyone!
I did not realize it has been since before Christmas since I last posted. I have a couple trades/PWE items I am needing to post and those will come before week's end. In the mean time, I wanted to chime in and give folks an update on where things stand.
First and foremost, I am still abysmally far behind in terms of sorting the cards from the past THREE pack-a-day breaks. Yes, you read that correctly. I still have cards from 2013, 2014, and 2015 to sort and mail out. All I can say is that you *WILL* get your cards one of these days, assuming I am kept alive on this Earth long enough to fulfill those obligations - Haha!
I am going to host another pack-a-day break this season! Call me a glutton for punishment, but the truth is: I love doing them. I am not going to freak out if I don't post a pack everyday because many days will be filled with multiple packs and we always go way over the "pack-per-day" goal.
In order to preserve some of my own sanity, however, I am going to revert back to an earlier format. I'll post all the official rules and what have you soon, but in a nutshell, here is what the pack-a-day will look like:
- Once the program is opened up for seeding, folks that wish to participate will select teams they wish to collect, ranked in order of preference.
- There are a limited number of teams, of course. There will be thirty-one (31) teams to pick from. 30 current-era teams plus the Montreal Expos. Vintage/Classic teams will be assigned according to my own, seemingly nonsensical whims. Actually, the assignments do make some semblance of sense, which you will see once everything is revealed.
- I will have provisions for non-team cards, most likely divided up based on some kind of grouping. Ex: "First Ladies" or "Birds of Prey" etc. Note: These usually relate to Allen and Ginter, but not necessarily.
- I will have provisions for non-baseball sports cards - ex: boxing, football, etc, that come up in certain packs.
- Each person will be assigned ONE (1) team/designation only. Each team/designation will be assigned to ONE (1) manager only. Slots will be handed out based on first-come, first-served basis. I know of no other truly fair way to do it.
- Whoever ends up with the Indians will split Indians cards with me, so we each get 50% of the Tribe's take. I will work with that person to ensure a fair distribution of cards, hits, mojo, etc.
- There will NOT be a tie-in to OOTP this season. Heck, I never even got to run the OOTP for last season.
- Registration will take place on or around Valentine's Day 2016, so be looking for the post and link around then.